Coastal Vision Center Lasik Surgery
Vision correction comes in many different forms and can cause you to have questions about which is best for your eyes. Coastal Vision Center is here to help clear up some of your questions you may have about the LASIK procedure. We'll go over when to consider LASIK, the benefits, and how to choose a surgeon.
What is LASIK Surgery?
LASIK surgery is typically a good option for those who are nearsighted, astigmatic or farsighted. This eye surgery is a surgical procedure that utilizes an excimer laser to reshape to the corneal surface. This will correct your vision by enabling light to focus on the retina sharply.
LASIK is a highly effective procedure and very safe. About 600,000 people undergo LASIK surgery every year. Some people are better candidates for other types of laser vision correction, such as Photo Refractive Keratectomy (PRK). Your eye surgeon will determine whether LASIK or PRK is right for you.
How Can LASIK Help Me?
There are many benefits to this eye surgery that make it a great option for those with vision problems. Ultimately you should speak to your eye care professional first before you make any drastic decisions regarding your eyes. However, it does help to do some research on your own.
Here are a few benefits you gain from having a LASIK procedure done:
- Immediate Results
- 24-hour Recovery
- A Permanent Solution
- Reduced Costs Long Term (No more glasses or Contacts)
- No Pain
About 85 percent of patients eyesight is corrected back to 20/20 vision while 95 percent have their vision improve to 20/40 or better.
Guide To Choosing The Best Surgeon
Finding the right surgeon to perform your LASIK procedure is vital to the success of your surgery and the overall process. There are numerous factors to take into consideration before committing to a certain specialist. These are a few points to consider:
- Before you step into their office, you should research the doctor's experience and certifications. It is important that they are board certified in addition to having their licensing. That is because you can be sure that they've gone through specific training for the field and are continuing education that relates to eye surgery.
- The surgeon's bedside manner is really important. You want to feel comfortable with him or her and feel that they want to answer all the questions or concerns you have. If they aren't making sure you know all of the risk and benefits, we recommend you start looking somewhere else.
- Find out from friends and family who have already gone through the procedure for recommendations. You will be able to get personal experiences as a way to get more information on the doctor and witness their results.
- Although how many procedures the surgeon performs isn’t the only indicator it is still important. You want a surgeon experienced in LASIK and all forms of laser vision correction.
We believe that these steps will help narrow down your search when looking for your perfect surgeon.
About Coastal Vision Center Surgeons
Coastal Vision Center is equipped to provide consultations for vision correction surgery and to perform the treatment on your eyes. Call us today to schedule an appointment with an eye care specialist, and we will contact you shortly.