Healthy Vision Starts Here
At Coastal Vision Center, we take the health of your eyes very seriously and offer a range of treatments to help you maintain the clear, dependable vision you deserve. A key part of this treatment is a comprehensive eye exam to help our doctors determine the general health of your eyes and monitor the progression of any early disease conditions to help protect your vision for the long-term. The American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends that adults undergo a comprehensive eye examination every 3-5 years before the age of 45, every 2-3 years from 45-65, and every 1-2 years thereafter.
What to Expect During Your Eye Exam
Our experienced doctors will review your medical history closely and provide advanced diagnostic tests for screening purposes. Along with this, they will be able to diagnose any visual issues or discomfort that you may be experiencing, thoroughly review the results from the diagnostic testing, and offer affordable and effective solutions for all of your eye care needs.
During eye exams, the following screening tests are utilized to best determine your eye health:
- Visual acuity testing to measure how clearly you are able to see the Snellen Eye Chart
- Optomap retinal examination along with an OCT scan of the eye to clearly examine the back of your eye to detect certain medical conditions like diabetic retinopathy, detached retina, and macular degeneration
- Refraction testing to help determine the lens strengths needed for your eyeglass or contact lens prescription, if applicable
- Slit-lamp exam to inspect the outer portion of the eye (eyelids and eyelashes), along with the cornea, iris, and fluid in the chamber between the two
- Tonometry testing to measure the pressure inside the eye
These tests provide our doctors with the information needed to create prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses. If more advanced care is needed, our doctors at Coastal Vision Center have the in-depth knowledge and wealth of experience, training, and expertise to provide treatments and monitor any disease or eye condition.
Contact Coastal Vision Center
We invite you to schedule an eye exam to find out why so many people trust Coastal Vision Center with all of their eye care needs.
Call us at 904-261-5741 to schedule your comprehensive eye exam today!